Sunday

Visit to Philip Colbert's (designer of The Rodnik Band) studio for an exclusive interview on his newly launched S/S12 'Cod Save The Sea' diffusion line for ASOS!

In late May I was contacted by The Rodnik Band asking me if I would be interested to interview designer Philip Colbert. I became aware of The Rodnik Band a couple of years ago and LOVED their quirky designs, referencing pop culture, contemporary art and various iconic images. Then last November I was thrilled to see up close a beautifull 'Fish and Chips' gown at the private view of an exhibition by The Stitch Project in which I was showing some of my pieces - you can see my pic of the gown here! They are truly refreshing designs with a lot of wit and I like that they combine thoughtfulness with humour. Philip Colbert designed his S/S12 'Cod Save The Sea' collection in support of the Environmental Justice Foundation's Save The Sea campaign against pirate fishing. To accompany this collection - as he does with almost all of his other collections - Philip made a super cool and entertaining music video, watch it here! It was really lovely to see the studio where all these extraordinary creations are made and to check out preliminary drawings made during the design process. You can see more photos from my visit and read my post introducing The Rodnik Band in Amelia's Magazine here and you can read my full interview with designer Philip Colbert in Amelia's Magazine here. You can also head over to the ASOS website to pick one of the fun pieces from The Rodnik Band's S/S12 'Cod Save The Sea' diffusion line.